Sunday, June 10, 2012

Children's Book Baby Shower

This is an entire Children's Book themed baby shower.


My cousin (Kristen) and her husband (Chuck) are having a baby boy! Baby Charlie is scheduled to arrive sometime at the end of August! I was very excited and honored to be host and create everything (with Bridge's help) for their baby shower.


Before they knew they were having a boy, Kristen had told me that if they had a boy she wanted to try to include her husband's favorite children's book (Cars, Trucks and Things That Go) in the theme of the shower. So my creative juices started going and I created (in my head) this wonderful shower then just waited around to confirm it was a boy!


Kristen and Chuck loves books!! I was so excited to combine their love of books and Chuck's favorite children's book together into a great shower theme. My theme with in a theme!


I had orginally planned to make the invitations but because I need to make 85 in a short amount of time I ordered the invtiations from Esty. (Vendor Credit: Freshly Squeezed)


"Welcome Baby Charlie"









For the shower, every "station" had a different book as a theme.


"Pile of Advice": Book The Giving Tree  I made leaves for the guest to write "mommy advice" or words of encouragement. She can look back at her "pile of advice"anytime she needs it.
And the "guest book" was a tree were everyone was asked to put their fingerprint as the leave and sign their name next to it.



















Food Table: The Very Hungry Caterpillar- Banner included "Hungry for a Good Book"












CupCake/Cake Table: Amelia Bedelia Bakes Off, Amelia Bedelia, Amelia Bedelia and the Surprise Shower Handmade Book Cupcake Toppers










Gift Table: with a banner "Books for Baby" using library cards and Handmade three tier diaper cake







Each Table had a centerpiece based on the book at the table: (Thanks to the amazing help of Bridge)
Tough Trucks
Busy Boats
Terrific Trains
Amazing Airplanes
Cool Cars
Flashing Fire Engines
The Little Engine That Could
Cars, Trucks, and Things That Go




















Games/Activities:
1) We gave a quiz "How well do you know your children's book? The winners received Target  giftcards
2) We had the guest decorate a variety of oneies and bibs for Baby Charlie.


3) Guessing Jar- Guest guessed how many hugs and kisses were in the jar. Guess How Much I Love You. The winner won the jar of candy


Gift Table: with a banner "Books for Baby" using library cards


I made a video that included baby pictures of Kristen and Chuck.


Favors:Book ~ The Quilt Maker's Gift  Each guest received a handmade bookmark.













3 comments: